In terms of salads, word is that green is out and magenta is in this season! Vinegret salad is a delicious, shocking pink Russian salad that will please both your palate and your eyes at the same time. Super easy to make, it just involves a fair bit of ingredients chopping, so make sure you have a sharp knife handy and a spacious cutting board…
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- Around 10 small beets, 5 medium ones or 2 big ones.
- 3 medium-sized potatoes.
- 2 medium-sized carrots.
- 1 medium-sized onion.
- 1 can of green peas (300 gr.).
- Cole Slaw (between 1.5 and 2 cups).
- 10 medium-sized pickles, or to taste.
- 1 apple.
- 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- 3 tbsp pickle juice.
- Salt and pepper.
- 1. Peel and cook the vegetables (either boil them or steam them - we personally prefer the steaming way).
- 2. While the veggies are cooking, mix the green peas and the cole slaw in a large salad bowl.
- 3. Peel the apple, chop into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- 4. Chop the onion and pickles into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- 5. Let the veggies cool, then chop them and add them to the bowl.
- 6. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- 7. Add the oil, pickle juice, salt and pepper and mix one last time.
- 8. Enjoy Vinegret!
Alla & Martin
We are NOT professional chefs. Just your regular russo-canadian couple, really. We are both rather busy in our everyday lives and can't really afford to spend 10 hours a day ...Read more about this chef..