These pancakes, or “blinis” in Russian, are perfect for a quick and tasty breakfast. Delicious with maple syrup (if you can get a hold of it in your part of the world) or, if you’d rather stay authentic, sour cream (“smitana” in Russian).
Russian Apple Blinis – Pancakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 5 medium-sized apples.
- 1 cup of flour.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- Raisins (to taste).
- 1. Peel and grate the apples.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix ALL of the ingredients together, with the apples too.
- 3. Stir until you reach a smooth consistency.
- 4. If you have time, cover and let the whole thing rest in the fridge for a hour or so. It's optional.
- 5. Heat a pan and melt in some butter, or add cooking spray, as you wish.
- 6. Pour the mix onto the hot pan as shown in the picture. Note that Russian pancakes are smaller and thicker than their american counterparts.
- 7. Cook both sides until golden and put the pancakes in a plate in your oven at 150F with the door open (to keep them warm until it's go-time).
- 8. It's go-time! Enjoy!
Alla & Martin
We are NOT professional chefs. Just your regular russo-canadian couple, really. We are both rather busy in our everyday lives and can't really afford to spend 10 hours a day ...Read more about this chef..