I don’t know if you are lucky enough to live in the Caribbean and enjoy great weather in October, but here in Montreal autumn already started its reign. Even though I like the beautiful colors out there, I should say that my husband and I would definitely prefer to be somewhere where there is still summer. We cannot change that, at least, for now, but what we can do is to cook us something both warm and comfortable, like hearty mushroom soup. Here goes one of my favorite recipes. I hope you enjoy it!
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- Mushrooms (450 gr)
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Virgin olive oil
- Optional - Buckwheat cereal, rice, OR noodles. I used buckwheat cereal, but this soup goes well with everything you have in your storage!
- Optional - Cilantro (as garnishing)
- Optional - Greek yogurt (as garnishing)
- Optional - Green onion (as garnishing)
- 1. Put 3 bay leaves in the pot, in which you are going to make your soup. Add 2,5 litres of water. Make it boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut potatoes, carrots, onion and mushrooms (see the pictures for more details).
- 3. Take a pan, put a few tablespoons of virgin oil and fry onions for a few minutes. Add carrots, mix them and let them become friends for a couple of minutes. Add mushrooms then. Cook everything for 5-7 minutes.
- 4. When water boils, put potatoes in your pot (NOT in a pan).
- 5. After 5 minutes, add the mixture of mushrooms, onions and carrots to the pot.
- 6. If you wish to add buckwheat or noodles, now is the time to do it! I usually go with buckwheat, to give our soup consistence.
- 7. Cook everything for 15-20 minutes (depending on what you chose to add).
- 8. Enjoy! I usually put a tablespoon of Greek yogurt in my plate, as well as sliced cilantro and green onions.
- Recipe Type : Soups
Alla & Martin
We are NOT professional chefs. Just your regular russo-canadian couple, really. We are both rather busy in our everyday lives and can't really afford to spend 10 hours a day ...Read more about this chef..