Want to cook some cookies for dessert but are in a rush? Fret no more, here’s a quick and easy recipe. Use wheat flour for add flavour and texture, drop in raisins too, experiment!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (5 /5)
- (2 Rating)
- 1 cup and a half of wheat flour (white flour will do too).
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1 egg.
- 1-2 tbsp. cinnamon.
- 4 tbsp. of sugar for paste; 2-3 tbsp; sugar for coating.
- 100 gr. of butter.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Raisins (optional).
- 1. Fire up your oven at 360F (180C).
- 2. Melt the butter (40 seconds in the microwave should do the trick).
- 3. Pour melted butter in a bowl, toss in 4 tbsp. of sugar, mix thoroughly.
- 4. Add in a teaspoon of vanilla and mix;
- 5. Add in an egg and mix;
- 6. Add the flour and baking powder. Mix.
- 7. In another bowl, mix together 3 tbsp. of sugar and 1 or 2 tbsp. of cinnamon.
- 8. Shape dough in small balls and dip the balls in the sugar/cinnamon mix to coat them through and through.
- 9. Flatten each ball of dough slightly on a greased oven pan. Alternatively, cover your pan with waxed paper.
- 10. Put in the oven for 8 to 15 minutes depending on desired softness. Check for color change. Cookies will be soft when hot, but will gain firmness as they cool down.
- 11. Enjoy!
- Recipe Type : Dessert
Alla & Martin
We are NOT professional chefs. Just your regular russo-canadian couple, really. We are both rather busy in our everyday lives and can't really afford to spend 10 hours a day ...Read more about this chef..